ISC provides annual subscription-based technical support for our free open source, plus two of the open source projects maintained by NLNET Labs. Technical support is provided by a dedicated professional support engineering team, through a private support queue in ISC’s support ticketing system. Support SLAs range from next day support during standard business hours all the way up to 7×24 support with a 30 minute response on critical service-impacting issues. Technical support includes both email support and priority bug fixing. All our technical documentation is available freely to anyone using our software.
Contact ISC for more information.
ISC also offers Advance Notification for BIND, NSD and Unbound. Advance notification is an annual subscription service that gives you an alert under NDA 3 – 5 days prior to publication of a critical security vulnerability in the software. This confidential information, along with an early patch, allows you to protect your systems from any exploits based on the vulnerability, before the information about the vulnerability is made public.
ISC attempts to carefully manage the public disclosure of all vulnerabilities in our software that exceed a score of 5.0 on the Common Vulnerability Scoring system (CVSS) scale. Of course, for vulnerabilities that are discovered and publicized before ISC is notified, we cannot provide advance notification.
Advance notification is included with our support subscriptions and is also available separately, without technical support.
Who should consider subscribing?
Open source software support is suitable for:
- Any organization wishing to get the benefits of using open source without having developers on staff
- Educational institutions and non-profits who want to support open source, while using it responsibly
- Enterprises for whom a stable Internet presence is critical
- Enterprises concerned about protecting their network security, including retailers, financial services firms
- Domain registrars, including country-code top level domains
- Government and defense institutions who need full DNSSEC protection and advice
- ISPs and carriers who need 7 x 24 support in case of service-impacting issues
- Cloud service providers, hosted service providers, DNS-as-a service providers who are typically ‘power users’ of DNS
Men and Mice, an ISC partner, provides public trainings on BIND and ISC DHCP. These classes were developed in partnership with ISC and we recommend them highly. Over the years we have had many glowing reviews from students who found them valuable.
For the latest schedule of available public classes from Men and Mice, check their calendar here.
ISC provides private training in DNS & BIND, IPv6, and DHCP. This can be a cost-effective way to train a team, because we come to your location and provide the training on your schedule. Past customers have included enterprise teams that faced network integration challenges, new domain registrars and ISPs. We also provide scheduled public classes at industry conferences, and through our partnership with Men & Mice.