DNSco is looking for a self-driven, hands-on senior engineer with a blend of software development and operations skills. This role will initially focus on the development and maintenance of ISC’s Secondary Name Service platform, but will more generally focus on the development of tools and systems to enhance and automate the DNSco Operations environment. Beyond pure development, the engineer in this role will participate in the overall management, operation and growth of the ISC and world-wide F-Root network and systems infrastructure.
Duties will include:
- Primary development and maintenance of the software driving ISC’s Secondary Name Service platform
- Design and development of systems automation, monitoring and optimization tools, as well as analysis of existing toolsets
- Development of advanced tools for DNS monitoring and analysis
- Participation in the day-to-day operation of the ISC Infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining documentation and reports
- Participation in an on-call rotation for both DNSco’s customer support department as well as ISC’s on-call 24 Hour NOC
- Representing ISC and DNSco at technical conferences and presenting, as appropriate
Factors and Traits Required for Candidates:
- Perl Programming with specific knowledge on:
- Catalyst – web Framework
- Moose – post-modern object oriented system
- DBIx::Class – Object Relational Mapper
- Proficient in database technologies, with specific expertise in:
- PostgreSQL 9.1+
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Real-time data replication and High Availability
- Experience processing XML and JSON documents
- Template Toolkit and HTML::Template is desired
- Experience with User Interface design, particularly focused on technical users
- Strong focus on Development Testing at all levels
- Knowledge of the Domain Name System (DNS) and BIND configuration.
- FreeBSD and Linux experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- The ability to collaborate with diverse and distributed teams
Additional Weight to Candidates With:
- Unix system administration skills, especially FreeBSD and Linux
- Cisco IOS System Maintenance (install/troubleshooting/upgrade)
- Familiarity with firewalls and common security best practices
- Familiarity with virtualization, VMWare a plus
- Experience with IPv6 in large-scale production
- In-depth knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Experience with DNSSEC
- C, C++, or Python Programming Experience
- Strong Network Management background
- Experience presenting to group audiences
This position requires open-minded, motivated, hands-on individuals who thrive in an environment comprised of strong engineering and multidisciplinary teams having both software development and systems administration backgrounds. Candidates must possess a desire to pioneer solutions and automation over existing and new services that empower the core of the Internet.
DNSco is based in Redwood City, California, with much of the engineering staff distributed around the globe. We’re interested in the best applicants, and are very open to remote employees. Candidates should be willing to travel periodically, both to the company headquarters as well as to various industry conferences, as needed.
Express your interest by sending your resume to email@example.com
DNSco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (ISC), founded to support enterprises and network operators relying on ISC’s Open Source software. We offer comprehensive solutions for BIND and ISC DHCP, including support services, training programs and in-depth consulting. At DNSco, you’ll be working alongside some of the world’s foremost Internet infrastructure experts, backed by an exemplary support team and a cross-disciplinary sales and marketing department. DNSco leads the infrastructure software industry and supports ISC’s public benefit mission to better the Internet from its headquarters in Redwood City, CA.